If you wish to take part in any poll or survey run in the App, we will also use your information for the purposes specified in the poll or survey. We may also disclose non-personal, aggregated information we collect through the poll or survey to third parties.
If you wish to take part in any promotion or competition run in the App, we will also use your information for the purposes specified in the promotion or competition, to make sure you are eligible to enter the promotion or competition, to contact you if you have won a prize and for publicity purposes.
3. Disclosure to third parties: We will only pass your information on to associated third parties for the purpose of enabling them to send you information which may be of interest to you if you have indicated you are happy for us to do so in your marketing preferences.
If any third party is organising and/or managing any promotion, competition, survey or poll run in the App on our behalf, we may disclose your information to that third party to enable them to do so but they will be prohibited from using your information for any other purpose, unless you have given them specific consent.
5. Our email newsletters: If you subscribe to receive one or more of our email newsletters you will need to register an account with us. We will provide those newsletter(s) to you free of charge, unless otherwise stated.
Our newsletters may contain promotions or advertisements relating to goods or services provided by us or our group companies and associated third parties from time to time. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from an email newsletter you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions on the newsletter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org giving them your email address and details of the newsletter you no longer wish to receive.
6. Third party sites: The App may contain links to a wide variety of third party websites. We may, on occasion, disclose non-personal aggregated information to the owners or providers of those third party websites. We may display advertisements from third parties in our App. We may monetise some of the links on the App through the use of third party affiliate programmes. Notwithstanding such affiliate programmes, we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these websites or for third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for those sites or advertisers nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
7. Cookies, Web beacons and similar technologies:
(a) What are they?
If you are a subscriber and have elected to share your information with us, it may also collect your name and email address, which may be transferred to data processors for subscriber verification purposes or less frequently a third party ad server to measure a user's activity, such as interaction with an advert or purchase of a product.
(b) How does Greenshires Publishing Limited use them?
We also include web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or web bugs) in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns.
The information generated by the Cookie about your use of our App and any of our websites (including your device ID and IP address) will be transmitted to and stored on servers in the United States and/or United Kingdom. They may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf. By using this App, you consent to the processing of data about you by those service providers in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
(c) How do you control how cookies/web beacons are used?
You can change the preferences/settings in the App to disable Cookies by going to the settings menu for the App on your device and selecting 'off' where it says 'share statistics'.(d) How to find out more information:
For more information about Cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org and for more information about behavioural advertising in particular please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
8. Security: In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Neither Greenshires nor any of its group companies shall be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this App including any of your information.
11. Contact details: You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you have any general questions about the App, you can contact us the Greenshires New Media Team at Greenshires Publishing Limited, 160-164 Barkby Road, Leicester, LE16 8FZ, telephone +44 (0) 116 2062600, email email@example.com . If you have any questions about your information including what we hold and how it is used, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org