Top British climbers Adrian Baxter and Steve McClure are the names behind a new training App called ClimbCoach which is being launched this month. Available in iPhone and iPad formats (with Android formats to come). The following details are from their press release:
What is ClimbCoach . . .
ClimbCoach is the pioneering smart-phone training app for climbers and boulderers that makes planning, recording and executing training for climbing as easy as possible so that you can just concentrate on actually physically training to reach your climbing goals as efficiently and effectively as possible.
ClimbCoach not only gives users all the essential training info they need to reach their goals quicker but it also guides them through a step-by-step workout approach, screen by screen letting them know exactly what they need to train at each stage. It even automatically times fingerboard, campus board workouts and rest periods. Every workout has written workout info and a workout video to support it.
All the knowledge that has gone into ClimbCoach is 100% bouldering and climbing specific but is based on fundamental sports science principles.
Key Features of ClimbCoach . . .
- Workouts - Over 20 individual climbing & bouldering specific workouts that can be chosen by equipment, fitness type, goal or discipline
- All Levels - Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced Level workouts to suit every level of climber
- Training Diary – allows users to plan, record & review their training at the touch of a button
- Workout Films - How-to-video workout films filmed with top international climber Steve McClure & top female boulderer Mina Leslie-Myniak
- Auto-timed Workouts - Fingerboard and Campus Board workouts
- Wall Ticks - Allows you to record the routes or boulders you have climbed at your local gym.
- Tick-lists – Allow you to test yourself on routes and problems to see how you are improving between sessions
- Achievement Badges - keep you motivated to reach that next level
- Progress Graphs - Cumulative and average grade graphs to track your progress over 7, 30 and 90 day periods
- Intelligent progress bar - Reminds you how far you got last workout and what you need to aim for next workout to improve
Why ClimbCoach was created . . .
The creators Adrian Baxter and Steve McClure competed Internationally for Great Britain together for over 5 years. In that time they recognized there was a fundamental need to make planning training & actually training for climbing easier. The many contradictory sources of information out there in so many different mediums, only made training for climbing and bouldering more complicated. What was needed was needed was all this information condensed into one easily accessible & convenient place – the mobile phone, to help climbers and boulderers train more effectively without having to carry note-pads and books down to the climbing gym!
For more info see www.climbcoach.org
You can download the app from iTunes here